Help I'm allergic to sulfites
If you have a sulfite allergy, then you suffer from allergies Type 1, also called contact allergy. Sulfites have been used for centuries as a preservative for drinks, food and medicines. They preserve the color and flavor and increase shelf life to inhibit bacterial growth. About 1 percent of the population is allergic to sulfites. Sulfite allergic reactions tend to exhibit respiratory symptoms.
Before seeing a specialist in allergiestest should stop taking an anti-allergy or antihistamines 2 to 3 days before the test is performed. Talk to your allergist if you are not sure of all drugs must be detained and for how long.
sulfite-allergic patients rarely show a positive response to skin allergy tests. The most reliable way to detect this type of allergy is commonly called the food challenges. It is advisable to avoid allsulfite-containing foods for several weeks.
Avoidance can be very difficult because sulfite is often hidden in other foods. Read the labels of all foods you bring into your home. Because the manufacturing processes change continuously re-read the labels each time you purchase a product. On 1 January 2006, a new law was passed stating that all labels should be designed so that a 7 year old child can read and understand the ingredients.
Then the doctorto take pills containing sulfite under close supervision. If symptoms occur after ingestion of sulphites you are allergic to sulfites and should avoid anything that is on the label.
The FDA requires the labeling of foods containing 10 ppm or more of sulfites and 1986, the FDA banned the use of sulphites in fruit and vegetables that are eaten raw.
A growing awareness about food allergies is becoming well known in the United States. And Food FactoryRestaurants are becoming more understanding and willing to accept people living with food allergies.
Living with a food allergy is an important task, is only a small change in their lifestyle. You should avoid any baked goods, soups, jams, canned vegetables, pickles, chips, dried fruit, trail mix, most condiments, shrimp, guacamole and anything that has sulfite, sodium bisulfite, sodium metabisulfite, bisulfite potassium and potassiummetabisulfite on the label.
Some vitamins commonly used to treat allergy to sulfites are the symptoms of vitamin C, quercetin and bromelain.
Vitamin C is protective nutrients of nature, essential for defending the body against pollution and infection and enhances the bodies immune system. Take 1000 to 5000 mg per day.
Quercetin is a flavonoid well known. Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants and can reduce inflammation boost the immune system and strengthen blood vesselsand improves circulation. Quercetin is also known for its ability to block the release of histamine, thereby reducing or preventing allergy symptoms. Take 500 mg twice a day.
Bromellain increase the absorption of quercetin. Take 100 mg twice a day.
Always consult your physician before using this information.
This article is nutritional in nature and should not be construed as medical advice.
Recommend : Allergy Medicine products